December 10, 2009

simple pleasures


today is thursday, december 10.
1 day until i am 1/4 of a century old. rad. yesterday i received 4 letters and a postcard, but i am being a good girl and waiting till tomorrow to open them.
last week i was feeling kinda defeated, and what better way to restore my spirit than to go shopping? unfortunately, there arent many places here in spain that sell used things. its just not really part of the culture. people hold on to their stuff forever, and when someone dies, they divide it up and keep everything for another 50 years. it kinda makes thrift store shopping more challenging, but i can dig it because i have nothing but time on my hands. and when you do find something rad, its just that much more gratifying. so last week, i found two new pairs of shoes, a bow, and a puzzle of the incredible hulk.
something else that keeps me excited, and helps me to get out of bed everyday before noon (instead of just sleeping till 2, cause you know i totally could): i have an advent calendar! it was only 75cents and its from germany. my favorite plastic/chocolate flavored image so far? a chocolate squirrel!

mmm, squirrels...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you!

    Happy birthday!!! No matter how old you get, you'll never be as old as me!!! :P

    And what's up with eating squirrels?...so much for veganism!...

    Snorkety snork snork!!

    I frickin' miss you, by cracky... and I still haven't seen your sister around town, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy soon to be birthday love! I love you and your blog.
    I want to post funny videos to you but I don't know how! teach me to be good at blogging, i need you light!

    ReplyDelete