February 24, 2010

the promised land

kaitlin and i have been talking about LA a lot. we miss california. well actually she's there, but she's being nostalgic and missing it with me. i am really happy to be going to new york for a while, but i cant wait to get back to california. why is it so good? why does it have to be so awesome? california has totally ruined me; i can't live anywhere else and be happy. for the last like, 150 years, the population of the united states has been slowly shifting towards the west coast. well sometimes slowly, and sometimes super fast (think the goldrush, and the DUSTBOWL). and if someone says they're not that into california, im sorry but they are probably just being stubborn. its my home sweet home, and sometimes i take it for granted, but from this day forth i vow to never commit that grave error again. i think about all the people from the midwest that ive meet throughout my life. they have a similar hometown 'midwestern' pride. but they too end up in california. and im not trying to say that i think the rest of america sucks. cause it doesnt. america is so beautiful and diverse and magnificent that it makes me want to cry. im just like my parents; i could drive for hours through the nothingness that is northern arizona or west texas and be in total awe and enchantment of my surroundings. but ill always come back to california. cause its the best.
part of kaitlin and i's recent obsession with california has been provoked by a really stupidly good song called "I love LA" by randy newman. its ridiculous and cheezy and totally makes you want to move to LA tomorrow. and it makes us want to curl our hair! so this is my hair, inspired by kaitlin falahee (but with a katie updo variation), who was in turn inspired by the red head from the "I love LA" music video, who was obviously very inspired by randy newman, who got his inspiration from beautiful california. my home sweet home!

1 comment:

  1. Duuuude, I´ve been listening to Newman nonstop. Did I tell you that? It makes me want to go back to LA too. Anyway, I´m right here missing California with you.

    ReplyDelete