October 1, 2009

spanish bombs in andalucía


today is thursday, october 1.
i arrived the night before last to vitoria-gasteiz, my new home in spanish basque county. i have spent the last 2 days wondering the streets, not eating, sleeping more than i should, and compulsively checking my email every 20 minutes. so far: everything is very spanish; i haven't figured out how to feed myself; i saw a dead pigeon in the street; there is a new rail line through town, but there is no map for it yet; i smoked one cigarette; I made a friend from chile; i found a squat; 37 old men have stared at me; and one old woman pinched my butt and asked me if i was french.

...

1 comment:

  1. Please tell us more about your school and what the classes are like.
    Do you work with kids in small groups, how is their english, are they well off or is the school in a poorer area, are the kids like high school kids here in the US - or are they different and how are they different?
    If you could post some pictures of the outside and inside of your school it would be great also.
    What are the teachers and the people you work with like? Are they easy to work with or not?
    Just curious?
    Glad that you are healthy - and why does the sun rise so late there this time of year?
    Uncle THOMAS

    ReplyDelete